Saturday, August 23, 2008

PTA & The Grocery Game

Ok... I have had a very grown up feeling week. I realize i am 36 years old. But i don't think i have felt like such a "MOM" ever in my life. Between: getting 5 kids school supplies and clothes, being up at Leelani's school distributing school supply kits, and bringing and arranging food for Teacher Appreciation Luncheon's and calling a hundred people for PTA recruitment, getting my books and supplies as well as getting me registered for college. Then to top it all off, Lydia called tonight and wanted to teach me The Grocery Game. It is this cool system for coupons and store sales. It was pretty fun. SO i have to tell you. I bought $383 worth of groceries and a few remaining school supplies i needed for $194. I saved almost half. My Friend teaching me was sort of sad i had to buy eggs and milk for my standard groceries cause it messed up my average... You just never see milk coupons. Bottom line it was a busy week, but a great week. This week has made it very clear to me that i am just much happier in life when i am busy, like crazy busy. It satisfies some sick twisted need to feel useful. I have given up sleep because it is my only alone time, but i should be able to sleep again when school starts up. HA!

1 comment:

Organized Chaos said...

What is the grocery game? I like to be busy too.